Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Farmer's Market


Farmer's Markets are on my list of favorite places (not to far on the list from Wegmans). I like that they are a way to support local farmers, find delicious, home made food, and bring a community together. I spent Saturday am at the Farmer's Market in Waimea. It was a slow, sunny Saturday and my help wasn't really needed, so I spent the morning lazing in the grass, people watching and listening to the Saturday morning news between neighbors (common topics of convo: recent hikes, beaches, and their dogs). The people here greet everyone with hugs and kisses (even strangers, which throws me off when I go in for a handshake :) They offer to share picnic tables with one another. I like how the people of the Big Island genuinely love their community. It's infectious. New Yorkers show their love too, but here it's love without so much ego.


Super fresh spring rolls from the Vietnamese food tent, Rosemary Gorgonzola foccacia and passion fruit tea cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment