Friday, December 31, 2010

Rip off!

Went to San Marzano for pizza last night. I had been underwhelmed by their Margherita pizza that I had delivered a few months ago, but was excited to give it another shot. They've got a hip, clean interior that makes you feel pretty swank even though you're only out for pizza.


We got the Pomodoro pizza and the Caprino pizza. The Pomodoro did exactly what we needed it to do: deliver a really good traditional style pizza. The excitement though, came from the Caprino: carmelized onions (dare I say, onion jam?), mushrooms, goat cheese, truffle oil. Twas delicious. Simultaneously sweet and savory. Enough to rip off for tonights appetizer. The onions are caramelizing right now and smell delicious. I added a little balsamic vinegar just to see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment