Sunday, April 3, 2011

LCD Soundsystem

So I guess LCD Soundsystem is officially broken up. Last night was their last show at Madison Square Garden. Zach and I went to one of their shows earlier this week at Terminal 5, where they were playing for what seemed like a week straight. They were awesome. I couldn't have asked for anything more. They played 3 sets with songs from all 3 albums and their instrumental project for Nike. I loved hearing Daft Punk is Playing In My House, the first song of theirs that I ever fell in love with. Reminds me of cruising around Syracuse in Zach's pink Jetta :) Seeing Losing My Edge live was way better and more poignant given the setting than it could ever be on an album.


Great signage. Message received. Love ya, too. 
Oh hey, James Murphy
Yes.
Disco Ball.

Fans. 
Hard at work.
So much love. and dancing. 
Wouldn't be a dance party without a fog machine.

Much better than "Good Bye," though I know that's what you mean. Sigh.  

It's still early in 2011, but I'm pretty sure that was my favorite show of the year. Favorite Show of the Year is a tall order, but I think LCD deserves the title. Some of the past winners are as follow:

2004- David Byrne at Bonnaroo
2005- Simon Posford at Camp Bisco
2006- Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra at Langerado
2007- Blur of a year, don't remember anything I saw nor did I write it down...
2008- Lindstrom and Prinz Thomas at Studio B & Lady Gaga at Sullivan Hall
2009- David Byrne at Radio City Music Hall
2010- Pearl Jam at MSG & Medicine for the People at Bayside Kava Bar
2011- LCD Soundsystem at Terminal 5

No comments:

Post a Comment