Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to school

Coming back to my naked classroom is always a weird experience. It's as if the stuffy, brown room is not mine. Mine is usually a lively, colorful place, but takes many hours of plastering the walls with paper and sparkly borders to create this home away from home.


I am lucky enough that Morrison, my awesome coteacher, gets restless and comes back to school a few days before me (and also doesn't hold it against me that I milk the final days of summer). After two 95 degree days setting up, it is beginning to look like a place that I can live in for the next 10 months.


Blue and orange. Crabs and beer. Jeans and a white t-shirt. Some things are just perfect together. (Go 'cuse!)


There is still work to be done, but I'm pretty sure it would be unAmerican to lift a finger over Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment