Sunday, June 3, 2012

Activities, or lack thereof

We have 8 weekends until we leave NYC. 6 are booked with activities.

Being in the midst of a major life transition, I find myself trying to do everything all at once. My inclination is to schedule and plan so I have time to do everything and don't have to say "no" to any fun stuff, which is exactly what we have been doing all spring. Weekend trips, Bachelor/ette parties, weddings, races, hikes, concerts etc.  Let's do all of the activities that I love to do.

Except that one of my favorite activities is sitting on the couch on the weekend and writing. That I have not done in quite awhile. Until this morning. When I am finished, I am going to go to the grocery store and then make some delicious things to eat this week.

As much as I am looking forward to fun activities and far flung travels, I also really enjoy being home, in my kitchen, and on my couch, while I still can.

Also, big news: Harriet left this morning. She went to Baltimore, where she will be until we return from our travels. You can read about the adventure of getting her ready on our new blog, Bring a Snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment